KFC biscuits are a wonderful treat for anytime. Not only the kids, but the adults too love them equally. You can either serve them with coffee or take them as a picnic dish. They are perfect for either situation. This is quite a simple recipe gleaned from Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants. You need neither fancy equipment nor a big chunk of time set aside to make Kentucky Fried Chicken Biscuits. Imagine having something fresh-from-the oven on the spur of the moment. This home made quality is not guaranteed everywhere. Though no body has ever found a recipe to match them, there are many replicas. This is one of them. Many have tried it and found that it is the closest to the Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe. Above all they are home made and reflect your skill.
Now you won’t have any wasted gravy, as it will easily be devoured by your kids with biscuits. Follow this Kentucky Fried Chicken biscuit recipe, which is close to the authentic one. These buttermilk type biscuits are served with chicken delicacies in KFC.
Ingredients used in my “Kentucky fried chicken biscuit recipe”
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour. This is the main ingredient in any biscuit or cookie recipe.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder. This contains the raising agents which are found naturally in yeast.
- 2/3 cup milk. Milk serves as a binder and structural enhancer in cookies and buttermilk biscuits. Tenderness in biscuits is the result of a perfect balance of structural support and moisture given by one or more liquid ingredients (in this case, milk).
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening. It provides tenderness to your Kentucky fried chicken biscuits.
Directions for making Kentucky fried chicken biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Now mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour some of the milk into it.
- Before kneading the flour add shortening. Knead the flour mixture thoroughly by hand. Add more milk as required while kneading.
- Knead gently on flour board and pat dough to 1/2 -inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into biscuit sizes and shapes as desired. 9 biscuits is the most suitable number to get from this amount of dough.
- Place the biscuits on baking sheet and keep the sheet in oven for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile keep looking for the brown color. Once they attain brown color take them out.
Your kid’s childhood should be filled with confectionaries. Kids really-really like biscuits and gravy. Most kids these days crave Kentucky fried chicken biscuits, so there is a burning desire in every mother’s heart to learn the Kentucky fried chicken biscuit recipe. This delicious, flaky and awesome Kentucky Fried Chicken Biscuit recipe has won many hearts. Mix the ingredients in the quantities as instructed. Take care not to make mistakes like adding too much flour. Too much flour can ruin your biscuits. Keep it as flaky as it can be and be sure that it does not lack overall moisture.