Many of you have cooked and eaten a variety of meals, but KFC’s popcorn chicken recipe is the first thing that you might have craved. These days it is a children’s favorite. You can get them to do anything by using popcorn chicken as a bribe. I always wanted to crack the code of KFC’s Popcorn Chicken recipe so that I could also make it for my family and receive the applause. I did lots of experiments and consulted many websites to find a recipe at least close to it, if not an exact replica. I came across something which was not only close to KFC’s popcorn chicken recipe but actually tasted better! It has won critical acclaim from many gourmets. One tip before starting. With good, quality basic ingredients and good cooking skills with basic equipment, you can make a creative and delicious recipe. Read on to try it at home.
Ingredients in KFC popcorn Chicken recipe
- 100 grams of boneless and skinless chicken breast to make it as soft as you can.
- 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour mixed with secret herb combination (1 teaspoon ground oregano, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried sage, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 tablespoons paprika, 1 teaspoon onion salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons Accent (MSG)
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar. This is for sweet flavor of real popcorn.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt plus
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of milk (fat-free)
- 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs to make it crispy
- olive oil spray for greasing
- For sprinkling you will require freshly ground pepper and salt
Directions to make KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 475 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spray some olive oil on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Cut the chicken pieces in small size (up to the size of table tennis ball) with the help of scissors. Cut 24-25 even sized chicken.
- Take a large size bowl and whisk together flour, onion powder, pepper, salt and sugar.
- Coat the small chicken pieces with above flour mixture.
- Take a small bowl. Whisk the egg white and the milk until it becomes smooth.
- Place the bread crumbs on a small piece of waxed paper and keep it beside the egg mixture.
- Dip the flour coated chicken into the egg-milk mixture.
- Coated the piece with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the above two steps.
- Now place the marinated chicken pieces on the non stick baking sheet.
- Spray olive oil, salt and black pepper on the chicken pieces.
- Bake the seasoned chicken pieces for 5 minutes. Do not forget to flip them meanwhile.
- To make better chicken popcorn pressure-fry them instead of baking them.
Tip: Keep some spices in a small spice box so that your larger stores need not be exposed to the air every time you need just a small amount.
This is indeed a comforting, simple, down-to-earth popcorn chicken Flaky and delicious, with the promise of KFC-like flavor. Make it from scratch; try to keep your popcorn chicken healthy and delicious like KFC’s. This ingenious concept is based on KFC by Colonel Harland Sanders.
Childhood is not composed solely of warm milk, cupcakes and toffees; it is also KFC popcorn chicken. With this “KFC” popcorn chicken recipe, you too can make your kid’s childhood complete. Serve them with variety of sauces to make them more addictive. You can do all this without setting foot in KFC, where your child would demand other choices too.